Tuesday, March 17

away we go


okay. so this is the trailer for the movie Away We Go. Directed by Sam Mendes and written by Dave Eggers and his wife Vendela Vida as well as starring John Krasinski and Maya Rudolph, this movie is BOUND TO BE GOOD. but seriously now, what is up with this trailer?

if you really listen, you can hear the lines that made me fall in love with Dave Egger's writing. ("why would you give me a stroller, i love my babies, i don't want to constantly PUSH them away from me") but the sad, slow music that they chose for this trailer brings all these enjoyable quirky lines into depressing mush.

anyways, looks good. sounds good. the cast is fantastic. oooh yay!

6 comments:

L.P. said...

I'm so in love with John Krasinski on The Office it is completely bonkers. But you're right this is gonna be fantastic with Maya and the Bren (sorry I don't know her real name. Alison something? whatever.) this trailer is just whack cause of that queer folk music they slapped on it.

E.K. said...

Yikes! That music is a buzz kill, but the cast looks great!

Tavi said...

John Krasinski + that one snl chick + Janney + Catherine O'Hara?!?! So good it makes me feel bad for yelling "SKETCHY JUNO WRITING IS OVER" at the screen. Totez seeing this shit.

hazel said...

trust me Tavi, i yelled that too along with THIS MUSIC FUCKING SUCKS WHY ISN'T IT HAPPIER.

Gabby said...

This looks amazing. But, certainly, upbeat music would make it even more amazing. I need to see this!
"SKETCHY JUNO WRITING IS OVER"
haha agreed :]

laia. said...

i love love love maya rudolph. some people think i look like her but i think thats CRAZY!