Monday, September 7

question : music

where do you download/find your music?
where are those black bar players from?

i get this question about once a week. really.
i download my music from everywhere. i buy music on itunes, i have CD's, one time an intern or something at my dad's company had the exact same musical tastes as me so he gave me some good stuff, i download off the internet, people give me mix CD's or online download links, etc.

as for my tastes in music i share similar tastes with my parents (New Order, The Clash, The Undertones) so a lot of my library is also theirs. a lot of bands that i love (The Knife, Animal Collective, Neutral Milk Hotel) i found somewhere around 6th grade because that's when i kind of "discovered" the internet and music blogs. i don't really listen to the radio and if i read about a band in a magazine i rarely ever even look them up. i don't know, i guess i just find my music anywhere...?

the black bar players are from tumblr.
NOW I'M GOING TO TELL YOU GUYS HOW TO PUT IT IN YOUR BLOGSPOT.
first get a tumblr. upload an mp3 file (most of your itunes actually might be mp4's). when the song is uploaded it will appear in your tumblr (NOT YOUR DASHBOARD!) as a little black bar with a play button. right click right next to the tumblr player (not on it) and choose "view source" from the drop down menu (i have a mac, if this isn't the case for a PC sorry). a code for tumblr should open in a new window. scroll down until you find the section of the code that i have in the box in this picture CLICK and highlight that section of the code. copy and paste that into a blogger post (make sure it's on 'edit html' and not 'compose')

i hope this helps. i get this question so much! it's nice to see bloggers interested in my music tastes. if my little tutorial doesn't work out and you still love the player i suggest getting a tumblr! to subscribe to my tumblr music uploads it's phobia.tumblr.com. also there's a HELLRAISER video up there. yeaaaaah. ok.

8 comments:

KD said...

Thanks so much! That's really helpful. :-) And ifyou don't mind, one more question: which sites do you get your music from and do they infect your computer with viruses? OK, sorry, two questions.

Gabby said...

this is helpful!

WHY ARE YOUR PARENTS SO COOL? OR AT LEAST HAVE GOOD TASTE IN MUSIC. jeluz.

soph said...

ilu i had no idea about those black thingys (now i think of it, i see them every day on tumblr what a dumbass)

bobb said...

Emailed you re this post:).

zog_etiquette said...

I've yet to ask this question about the music bar, but I was wondering.
This is great, thank you!

E.K. said...

I hope my daughter turns out cool like you! ha ha.

Elisabeth Lacunza said...

I love you for this

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀