Friday, February 26

anastase, meadham & kirchhoff, prada

Photobucket
Charles Anastase this season was so good it was so perfect. Every look was just so perfect and simple and everything about the entire collection as a whole was just a flawless string of well balanced looks. The colors were so nice, bright yellow, deep red, a bright blue turquoise. The thing I really appreciate about a collection like this is that it is only 19 looks and every single look is completely different. I feel that with bigger houses that tend to create these collections of 30-40 looks there starts to be this monotony (only sometimes though) when you're dealing with producing that many looks, some of the time the same piece but in three different patterns or it's tweaked slightly. Charles makes every look special, whether the model has purple hair or a cartoonish face mask. A+++
Photobucket
All the grunge ladies are going to love this, and I know Laia already expressed her luvve for it and I completely agree that this collection is just so good it's driving me crazy. It's so bright and cool and fun and the layers are so nice why don't people wear clothes like this more often PLEASE. I love color so much I really do and there was so much of it and those bangles on each arm are totally killing me I love it. The rose painted biker jackets were also super nice, and the slouchy, paper thin, cherry red gowns were awesome. It was Indian, Spanish, grunge, 30's, jesus christ what a weird combo but it works so fucking well .Good job Ben + Ed I really dig it.
Photobucket
It was so 60's and so classy aaaaah first of all can I just quickly make a Mad Men reference please because this hair is totally Betty Draper when they were in Spain DUH okay anyway. It was really dark, boxy, 60's, heavy. Miuccia always, every single collection, has this totally weird way of making a dark, almost ugly but so ugly it's awesome collection slightly sexy and almost feminine when it contains none of the classic elements of a feminine collection. There are no flowy florals, cleavage (in fact she chooses to expose below the breast and above the stomach, not your typical area to show off in a dress), the prints are in blacks, browns, dark greens, and appear to look like the fabric for your usual motel hotel room curtains. It was almost an entirely new way to dress women, one that completely avoided the norms of female clothing. The legs were covered in thick wool, breasts almost completely covered, curvy models actually walked down the runway. There were dresses of course that showed off skin, but Miuccia put ruffles at the breast in some sort of odd attempt to eliminate seeing them at all. The shoes were fantastic (the purple patent leather with black trim have my name on them, literally my name is ON THEM), and the funny eyebrow cat-eye glasses were so cute. I thought it was clever and I enjoyed this much more than her spring collection.