Thursday, February 18

marc

Photobucket

Well, congratulations Marc Jacobs because you just created the ugliest collection I've ever seen you design. It was so boring, really the only word I can give this line that accurately describes every single piece. It was too simple. I don't even get it and I don't know where to begin in describing my dislike. I understand simple design, but the colors and the fabrics were just not flattering or interesting. Not only was this collection not innovative enough for my tastes, it also just seemed plain unenjoyable to wear (for future customers, and I guess for myself if I ever wanted to spend some $$$ on MJ's stuff.) The fur was just weirding me out because he never does fur (fake or real) and it seemed unnatural and it just turned me off. What were these clothes made out of? They looked so stiff and almost Puritan. Sorry, not digging it at all. Really, not at all. Call me a critic but this was just ugly.

Listen, Marc, you're really great, but I'm kind of sick and tired of saying to people "Oh, I love Marc, but I like old MJ not the new MJ" because frankly the past few collections you've done (eh maybe spring '10 was just okay) have been pretty sucky. Please give me something that will at least make me say "Well he was creative" because this collection was not creative at all. If you're going to make $1,000 dresses MAKE THEM WORTH WEARING!

p.s. since my internet is down down down to the ground until NEXT THURSDAY can someone say "i'm dyin'?" i.e. me?

11 comments:

Lisa said...

ikr! D: sometimes boring is good but in this case its nothing more than boring

soph said...

yep finally someone who agrees with me. bleh. "new" marc is way more interesting

Gabby said...

yes exactly! i watched this with mom and we were just waiting for something interesting to appear and it never did! i don't understand the positive reviews for this collection. it was a bust to me.

Emilie said...

The one look I thought was alright (in terms of basic structure) was the one you posted with the all-grey palette and goldish shoes. I mean, it could have been cute, except, you know, the all grey part. I mean, no reason for that to not be in color. That other all-grey look to the left of the one I was just describing is frankly awful. Really really awful.

laia. said...

disagreeee!!!!!!!

Zanah said...

Love MJ's collection... simple, classic but chic :) Mon Mode Blog

lyndsey said...

when i look at the pieces individually, and for a long time, i start to appreciate them, but i can see how they would be boring on a runway.

M. and O. said...

OMG Marc Jacobs is my man XD

M.
(News on Daily-Women.blogspot.com/)

Anonymous said...

are you dumb?
this collection is so good.
i think you need your eyes checked
i wouldn't trust a person who is feasting on a dumbass prada collction.

hazel said...

I must admit, I was pretty harsh on the collection. I just expected more from him! Though I have to say, I don't think I am "dumb" for simply having my own opinion. Who says what collections are good and what are bad? Everyone has their own tastes.

Also, I don't expect you to trust me at all. This is just a place for my OPINIONS. Like this one. I loved Prada, didn't like Marc Jacobs. Sorry if my tastes didn't agree with yours, but that's just the way some things are.

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀