Friday, February 12

rachel comey gives me a fashionable reason to not straighten my hair

Photobucket

If, for whatever reason, I started to dress like a bohemian 70's lady with frizzy curls, I think I'd start dressing like Rachel Comey's Fall/Winter 2010 collection. Now, this collection wasn't exactly my favorite of Ms. Comey's (I'm a big fan of her shows) and this year I wasn't too impressed. I am not sure if I liked the collection and a lot of its pieces. It's kind of hard for me to pull a piece from this collection out of the context Rachel has put it in, because I kind of think her presentation was a bit dowdy at times.

Now I dig the whole hippy vibe, loose silk high waisted pants with sweaters that scream macrame knit, but frankly I'd never wear it. It was a 70's pant suit in breezy fabrics, without any edge. The boxy jackets with leather sleeves are something I just didn't really care for either. This Comey collection was probably the first collection of hers that I really didn't say, "Wow I would buy everything here" because I just can't see it on me.

Also, how light was this? It was more a spring collection than winter! The fabrics seemed almost gauzy and almost all of the pants were cut high at the ankle, even a pair of shorts with bare legs walked down the runway.

It was just an "eh" from me on this one.

7 comments:

Gabby said...

agreed yo.

Anything But Bland said...

beautiful!

MarishkaRI0tkhsiram said...

Love the collection!

http://mttsuihka.blogspot.com

Maya said...

LOVE!

BISOUS FROM PARIS

Lyndsey said...

Speaking from my completely biased California perspective, these are great Winter clothes! Hah. If only the rest of the world could wear such things in the 'cold' months.

I love the Annie Hall hair and the color combinations, but you're right, I haven't seen any standout pieces so far.

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀