Friday, October 15

Hazel Cills Artist Statement

Through my work I attempt to examine the phenomenon of Courage the Dog as a methaphorical interpretation of both Tracey Emin and slurping.

What began as a personal journey of cuntism has translated into images of macaroni and cheese and arms that resonate with Japanese people to question their own purpleness.

My mixed media pug farm embody an idiosyncratic view of Siddartha Gautama, yet the familiar imagery allows for a connection between Brittany Murphy, cats and dumplings.

My work is in the private collection of Lillian Gish who said 'Christ on a cracker!, that's some real adorable Art.'

I am a recipient of a grant from Folsom Prison where I served time for stealing mugs and tie clips from the gift shop of The Hirshhorn. I have exhibited in group shows at Wendy's and Pool, though not at the same time. I currently spend my time between my kitchen cabinet and Berlin.

1 comment:

Leah P. said...

do not fuck around with the almighty artist statement Miss Hazel Cills!