Tuesday, May 17

ANTHEMS FOR A 17 YEAR OLD LADYBIRD

I woke up to these hangin' in my room. JEALOUS?

So today is my birthday and I'm 17 !!!
This means I can read Seventeen magazine and finally get all of the references! Or maybe I'll "learn the truth" like Janis Ian did when she was 17 years old and I'll have to invent lovers on the phone and cry all the time. Let's hope not.

This seems a lot more important to me than turning 16 because 17 is much closer to being 18. Of course we all know what that means, it will mean I'll be a (gasp!) LEGAL ADULT? It's weird to think of legal adulthood being so close now. I only have THREE YEARS until I'm 20! I bet my older readers are like "shut up child." I'M YOUNG AND COOL GET USED TO IT.

So I'm celebrating with my favorite birthday tuuuune!



p.s. Birthday celebrations require tiaras, don't you know that? This one has purple feathers on it. OH. YEAH.

14 comments:

Anna Kowalik said...

Happy Birthday!!! :)

bobb said...

Happy Birthday Hazel!

Holly said...

Happy Birthday! And I love your blog, your taste in music is crazy incredible.

Isabel said...

Have the est day, lady!! Looks like you are wearing a super pretty birthday dress too!

Laura Katherine said...

happy birthday babydoll!!

luella said...

happy birthday :3

Emily said...

happy birthday (again), you're the best! see you tomorrow!

hotelchildhood said...

happy birthday, hazel!

super jealous of all those balloons

i wonder what actually turning sixteen will be like.....

Leah P. said...

uhh ok for the record i am only reading this post now, but duh of course Altered Images' birthday song is your favorite birthday tune, it should be everybody's favorite, also 17 is the best age ever ur gonna luv it!

Meagan said...

Oh my god this is weird. I was just listening to that janis ian song and being like "yeah, you tell em, janis! you were awkward when you were younger too! woot". Happy 17th, though!

SashaaaFierce said...

Nice blog! check mine out! I'm new to blogging :)

http://poshpoint0.blogspot.com/

xx sashafiercee

Henri said...

You = http://www.henri-matisse.net/paintings/at.html

CAMILA said...

Happy late bday. I wish I could be 17 again!

sammi-lise ^_^ said...

happy belated, gurl...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veN2gyCEj8s&feature=related

^^ the yo gabba gabba version