Wednesday, July 13

PressPausePlay



Ah! I'm excited for this. I'm always really intrigued by the internet and it's effect on art. Nowadays anyone (but not everyone) can become famous due to their art, music, writing, etc. with the internet. I've always viewed it as an extremely positive revolution. If anything, it raises artistic standards. For example, I don't really want to see your close-up pictures of flowers. Yes, they are beautiful. Yes, maybe you took them on a camera where you had to do all the work. But the internet is full of them and now they are boring. Just like the majority of style blogs are boring. The internet makes it a lot harder to stand out. You might be seen, but you're not being noticed.

What do you think?

Also, kudos to my dad for sending me the link to this trailer!

7 comments:

LauraPage said...

Massive Kudos to your Dad! This looks brilliant. I agree and think you may have Brock a few hearts with the boring style blog comment. Yet some of the famous bloggers baffle me as to how they got to that position with boring seen that shot’s.

I think it's a great thing the creative web revelation then again makes me wonder question my decision in opting for a fashion degree... Oh well

LauraPage said...

Ignore the *wonder*

Eve said...

I totally agree about the effort it takes to find some-one who stands out. Who doesn't do the same as everyone else. I think the internet really helps find people who are actually talented at something and are different and unusual. Btw, I can't wait for it either!

lottie said...

i agree, finding someone unique and interesting is a tricky job. I have just started blogging and it's made me realize that no one is as different as they think hahaaa and can not wait for this.

Naehee Chung said...

wow this is great. you always let me(us) know about such great things! thanks. and you are one stand out blogger who is being noticed!

gabi said...

Thank you for sharing this Hazel!! :-)

There is a really great interview with Nick Knight (by Vice) and as well as talking about fashion, photography etc he also talks about SHOWstudio. You might like it because you said how you are intrested in the internet and how it's effected art.

http://tinyurl.com/6gsyqry ^_^

Anonymous said...

Your dad is obviously a genius. A highly talented, creative genius.