Tuesday, August 23

Art History from a Badass Motherf***r

Can I tell you guys a secret? I love art! Shocking, right? In fact I don't just love art, I really love art history. If for whatever reason you feel like having a lengthy conversation about "Venus, Cupid, Folly and Time" or Etruscan tombs, HIT ME UP! I'm all about it!

Meet Youtube dude HennesyYoungman, who has a series called ART THOUGHTZ where he lays down certain concepts found in art. Um, they are AMAZING. The episode where he compares performance artist Beuys to Jay-Z is too brilliant. Not to mention when he talks about Bruce Nauman and how to avoid making art like he does. It's so good!


2 comments:

Patricia said...

Ah the Bruce Nauman one is dead accurate (and the "walking like a peacock on MDMA" line is the best ever). I think I like this guy.

Taj said...

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!! Art thoughts guy!love him!! his video on Post Structuralism is the best!