Wednesday, August 24

Dear Wes Anderson Fans, Woody Allen Lovers, and Adam Goldberg Enthusiasts:


Then this new AMC webseries The Trivial Pursuits of Arthur Banks is the show for you! Again, remember that it is uber-Wes Anderson-y, so if you're not into his schtick I doubt you'd find this interesting. In fact, you might find this annoying. It's very dry and subtly retro. The main character is a playwright! I mean, REALLY? There's a definite Allen vibe too, with neurotic characters and...neurotic characters. Oh and a voiceover. But I love Adam Goldberg (and Jeffrey Tambor!) It's a funny series! Check it out!

5 comments:

Andie Bottrell said...

Oh my gosh, this is so far up my alley (____ insert joke ____)!! HA! HA! Thanks for the heads up!!

blue roses said...

ahh, i don't have a television, though i watch very select shows online; not having a physical set though, means i am behind on what is up and coming, and never discover something on my own.

thanks for the suggestion; LOVE jeffrey tambor and dear mister anderson, cannot wait to check this out.

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

Emily said...

AHHHHHHHDAMGOLDBERG

Emilie said...

I love Wes Anderson so this is sounding super interesting. And Jeffrey Tambor? AD! Anyway, thank you for posting this! I'll be sure to check it out.

Nina said...

argh! i can't find anywhere to watch it as i don't live in the US.
web series my arse.