Wednesday, December 7

Touch Of Evil



I love Alex Prager's video series for the NYT showcasing some of the greatest cinematic villains, played by some of my current favorite actors and actresses in film. Brad Pitt is actually, surprisingly, way too good as Jack Nance from Eraserhead and Viola Davis as Nurse Rachett is so chilling. They're all very simple, short, and good-looking. They are, essentially, moving photographs. It's a great follow-up to last years 14 Actors Acting. Not all of them are specific villains though, some are just channeling archetypes like "The Siren" or "The Firestarter." They've got this fantastically surreal quality to them. Watch them all here.

5 comments:

Bella said...

Those are....so good. I love the Rooney Mara one and Viola Davis as Nurse Rachett.

emily said...

i love 14 actors acting! my tried and true favorite of the set is tilda swinton's. i also have a soft spot for javier but then again, who doesnt

Kailey said...

These were all so incredible - I really loved Kirsten and Mia's videos *___*

ShellyP said...

I may be out of touch, but I would really appreciate it if you could describe where each of these comes from. I really enjoyed them, but it is frustrating not knowing the 'joke' that everyone else gets! Thank you!!

discotheque confusion said...

wow, spine tinglingly creepy! so good.