Sunday, January 15

HANGING OUT WITH ______________

A thousand moons ago I made a super popular 8tracks playlist (everyone knows I'm obsessed with making 8tracks playlists, right?!) called "Hanging Out With Lydia Deetz" in honor of my favorite goth girl ever, Lydia from the movie "Beetlejuice." Now I make them for Rookie, picking a movie/tv teen girl character who embodies the monthly theme: The Plastics for "Beginnings," Ginger from Gingersnaps for "Secrets," The Pink Ladies for "Girl Gang," Margot from The Royal Tenenbaums for "Home," and Effy from Skins for "Up All Night." I LOVE making these playlists because it's so fun to collect music that I think the character would listen to/describes their personality. My favorite one is Margot's, because my itunes library is so Wes Anderson-y anyway. It's also my most popular playlist! 3,000+ plays, whaaaat?!

I'm so glad people like them as much as I do!




5 comments:

Vanessa said...

i love this idea :D excellent play lists.

Sasha Fay said...

Such a fun idea, love the Lydia playlist ;)

bobb said...

great to see all these playlists posted together:)

Kailey said...

These are INCREDIBLE Hazel! *__*

Anna said...

love these! listened to your plastics one on repeat all night with 'ma gurlz' when we were getting ready one night! lydia and effy are my faves though.

bloomsberrying.blogspot.com