Monday, February 13

Jason Leinwand

'
Jason Leinwand's artwork is tediously psychedelic, filled with kaleidoscope drawings the consist of flying saucers beaming, eyeballs, suns rising over graveyards, and geometrics that twist and fold into each other to make an Esher-esque maze for the viewer. All of his pieces incorporate a lot of this imagery though it may be hard to find. You have to look closely to see the eyeballs lurking in the mosaic borders of the work or the tiny skulls rendered on the tops of the tombstones. Leinwand's drawings look like posters you would find hanging in the basement of a stoner circa late 1960's, but I kind of love that? 


6 comments:

Kim Baise said...

wow! these are fantastic and so detailed, like mosaics!

jessica sandoval said...

Wow-- I wish I had the patience and willpower to be this detailed! I love that last one-- it's incredible!

C.A.R. said...

i love it!

munchmecat.blogspot.com

Holly said...

Those are beautiful, and I am always a sucker for eyeball imagery.

Ben said...

These are fantastic - not sure I'd say there was anything 'tedious' about them! But I think I know what you mean - they seem to go on forever...

Jenny said...

I've seen all of these via tumblr but never knew the artist.

Bonjour Girl just became my favourite blog. It always does whenever I visit it, I swear.