Monday, January 21

"Dennis" by Butter The Children




Dennis by Butter the Children

Butter The Children's debut self-titled EP was one of my favorites of 2012. I was completely hooked on lead singer's Inna Mkrtycheva's vocals (I was also a fan of Sweet Bulbs, which Mkrtycheva also fronted) and the band's noisey, but not lo-fi, sound. I listened to that EP what seemed like a thousand times. I snagged the band's latest batch of demos and they RULE. "Dennis" is particularly endearing and my favorite from the 6 demos released. The build up to the lyric "Never met you / now I can't forget you / No I don't like you / but it just might do" is weirdly heartbreaking and my favorite part of the song. I can't wait to hear what this band releases in 2013 because it's going to be awesome.

2 comments:

AVY said...

It's good, I haven't found any new music in a long time.

How about following each other? Let me know on my blog!

/Avy

http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

Klara said...

Aaaah love them. Thank you for the tip. Also really really really hoping you will reply to my question on your old dress post...