Saturday, January 26

Yumi Sakugawa

I really loved talking to illustrator and comic book artist Yumi Sakugawa for PaperMag.com! Her work is so relatable and moving and beautiful. I got so excited when she mentioned David Lynch AND Moto Hagio (Iguana Girl is one of my favorites!) Her delving into the inspiration behind her super popular comic "I Think I'm In Friend-Love With You" was my favorite part:
 I think in college -- as with a lot of people who have just graduated from high school and are entering this new phase of their lives -- I felt this overwhelming desire to be understood by somebody or to feel a connection with somebody that wasn't necessarily a crush or a romantic love, but just wanting somebody to really "get" me.

1 comment:

Aron said...

amazing!! i'm passing through the same thing right now and it feels great to see this..